TOTALSOCCER

truly committed ...

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

BECKS SET TO STAY AT THE BERNABEU




England captain David Beckham believes it is all-but certain that he will sign a new contract with Real Madrid rather than return to the Premiership.
The 30-year-old's current deal at Real ends in June 2007 but he is expected to sign an extension until 2009.
"There is a 99% chance that I will stay and sign a new contract with Madrid," he told Spanish newspaper Marca.
"We will begin to talk before the summer but there are no doubts, I will remain here."
English clubs Arsenal and Chelsea have been linked with Beckham, while Sven-Goran Eriksson was recently quoted in a Sunday newspaper as saying he may be able to entice him back to the Premiership.
But midfielder Beckham added: "Madrid know that I want to stay and I know that they want me to stay."
This is one of the biggest clubs in the world, so why would I want to leave?
David Beckham
"I have just moved house and the club knows this.
"They are not worried by my situation, they know I don't want to leave.
"Perhaps in England things are resolved earlier but here things are different.
"This is one of the biggest clubs in the world, so why would I want to leave?"